I was contacted by Rudi’s Gluten Free the other day and they asked me if I wanted to sample their new tortillas. I was like is this a trick question, of course I would. So I got a package in the mail yesterday and I had to try the spinach flavored tortilla first. I decided to make a Denver omelet breakfast burrito.
- 2 eggs
- Finely diced onions
- Finely diced green bell peppers
- Sliced up Boar’s Head (gluten-free) Ham
In previous blogs I’ve stated that as far as quantities and seasonings go, I leave that up to you. Feel free to add as much or as little as you want.
- Place pan on stove with medium heat and add a little olive oil
- Place whipped eggs into the pan along with onions, bell peppers and ham
- Add salt and pepper as desired
- In a separate plan (low heat) place tortilla in it to warm it up
- Stir eggs and other ingredients in pan until scrambled to your desire
- Place finished product in the wrap
The spinach tortilla was fantastic and extremely soft. It held it’s shape and never fell apart. As a side for this dish I served it with blueberries, watermelon, strawberries and grapes.
Stay tuned next week as I do a complete review of all three different flavored tortillas. In the meantime check out the contest they’re running on their FB page for your chance to win fabulous prizes. Rudi’s Gluten Free What’s Under Wraps Giveaway.
Enjoy and Stay Healthy!!